Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scrapbooking and Writing...





Today I am supposed to begin my marathon with the MotherLOAD, a scrapbooking class on Big Picture Classes.  The last nine weeks have been basic training, getting ready for twenty-six days of a layout a day.
During this class I also took another class called Write Now with Amy Sorensen, also an onlline class with Big Picture Class.  That was an intense class.  I didn’t finish but I learned a lot!  We had a writing prompt everyday and three writing assignments a week for four weeks.  Yesterday was the last day of that, but I can go back and excess the class handouts, audio messages and videos.  It was well worth it!
So as I had both of these classes going on, I also started our homeschool year on August 8.  Needless to say it was a busy and crazytime.
Both of these classes have taught me to let go.  Let go of my perfectionism, to stop worrying about what other people think (I can’t really shut that one off very well!).  Another thing that keeps me from writing is the fear of offending someone.  That they might take what I say the wrong way.  That is one reson I started this blog. It’s my blog and I can write what I want! (that sounded unkind).  What I mean is that I hope I can write without fear on here.
Furthermore I have that blank page staring at me.  The writing prompts helped with that.  Just write.  Just write and eventually something of substance comes out or as Amy puts it “an original thought”.
I’ve always wanted to be a writer.  I don’t know if I’ll every be a writer of stories. I don’t know if I am that creative or if I have that good of an imagination. I never thought I’d be that much of a reader but I am now. Who knows what the future will bring.
So, I think I’ll clear off my scrapbook table (finish the last two layouts I made) and get ready for my marathon!  Wish me luck! Or better yet say a prayer for me!

My work table!

6 comments:

  1. Candy, You are so organized! I guess you have to be with all that you do. Love the look of your blog. Best of luck. I'll be visiting you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - Organized? That's interesting because I don't feel organized at all. LOL! One of the weeks of the MotherLOAD, was to organized our scrapbooking space. So, yes, it is fairly organized! :) I'm really glad I decided to take both classes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I envy your scrapbooking stuff and energy. I'd love to do more of that, but I just don't have... whatever it takes. Maybe I'll outsource the work to you. ;)

    As for writing, have you checked out the Write Your Own series on my blog? I ended with a call to do NaNoWriMo this year--interested? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job mom! Im happy that you are doing all this stuff for yourself! You are doing really good! And you do need to stop caring so much and you née to also start telling people other then me NO.

    Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I have thought about NaNoWriMo. I went over to your blog then over to the NanoWriMo site, wow, you have to write 50,000 words! I don't know if I ready for that yet but I see how it would get you going. It's like a large version of a writing prompt! I was looking at a writing class for my 11 year old, they said they encourage the students to do the NaNoWriMo. But they said you could set your own goals. Do they have different rules for kids?

    Thanks for visiting my blog! It was fun chatting with you tonight on IJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I always say yes to you! ;) Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...