Monday, December 2, 2013

Against His Will By Nancy Kelley ~ My Review


Against His Will (Brides of Pemberley #3) by Nancy Kelley 

Publication Date: October 22, 2013 
Publisher: Smokey Rose Press 
Pages: 381 
Received: E-copy from the author 
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars



 


Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed Against His Will! This story flowed well, and I was drawn in from the beginning and it kept my attention all the way to the end! This is the third of Kelley’s Brides of Pemberley series. After meeting Sebastian in Loving Miss Darcy (my review), I couldn’t wait to read his story in Against His Will, and I was not disappointed!

Sebastian Montgomery has never cared for those of society, but when his grandfather and uncle are killed in a carriage accident he suddenly becomes the new Earl of Lisle, something he never expected or wanted. As the details of the accident become known to Sebastian he begins to suspect foul play, especially after being attacked himself. His service to his country as a spy has trained Sebastian well, and he uncovers many clues as to what happen and who may be responsible. Is someone after his title or are they just out to destroy his family?

Not only is there a mystery to be solved, but there are other matters at hand now that Sebastian is an Earl. He needs to find a wife and produce an heir. His mother has given him an ultimatum, find a wife himself or she will find one for him. Knowing his mother would not give up on this point, he chooses the only lady whom he doesn’t find boring, Kitty Bennet. After spending more time with Kitty, he realizes how well suited to him she is, although he may not love her; he can tolerate her. But after someone uses Kitty to get to Sebastian, he understands he could do more than tolerate her ... he loves her.

I truly loved Kitty in this story! She has improved so much since she is no longer under Lydia’s influence. Sadly, she undervalues herself, and her father’s words “the silliest girl in the kingdom” weighs her down. At one point in the story,  I was crying with Kitty when she thinks she is unworthy of an Earl’s love.

I loved Against His Will! A Regency Romance and a great mystery. I think it’s Nancy Kelley’s best work yet!


Disclaimer: I received an e-copy of the book for my honest review.

Buy: AmazonB&N

Add to goodreads



Connent with Nancy Kelley




Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it Candy. I have this on my wish list, but I need to read the second book first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceri! Yes, do read Loving Miss Darcy - it was really good too! I think this one is my favorite though! :)

      Delete
  2. I read the first book, which I really enjoyed, sounds like I will have to buy books 2 and 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vesper! Yes, I think you will definitely enjoy books 2 and 3! :D

      Delete
  3. I loved this book! Seb is such a great hero and I really like how Kitty has grown in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Me too! Seb caught my attention in Loving Miss Darcy, and I was hoping he would have a book of his own! I'm so happy he does!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...