Monday, May 18, 2015

Twin Piques by Tracie Banister

Twin Piques by Tracie Banister 

Publication Date: January 3rd, 2015 
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform 
Pages: 462 
Received: e-copy from the author for my honest review 
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars








Twin Piques is a mixture of sweet and spicy! This fun Chick-lit is about twins who are complete opposites. Written from both POVs, both girls have such different personalities and lead such different lives, it’s like reading two different stories! 

Willa is sweet, compassionate, a bit whimsical, and always optimistic. Her heart yearns to find love, and she believes that someday that will happen. She also has the unique ability to communicate with animals; more specifically, dogs and cats. Working as a dog psychic, Willa helps people out with their pet problems. 

Sloane is serious, hard working and fierce! She is determined to become a partner in the firm she works for as a forensic accountant. She doesn’t have time for love. It’s sex without commitment for her. She keeps her heart protected because she feels they only one she can depend on is herself. 

I love the difference between Willa and Sloane! Their chapters read so differently too. It was interesting going from fun, bubbly chick-lit to a more mature contemporary romance, but at the same time I did have a hard time getting into this story. I think the switching back and forth between storylines kept me from being hooked - breaking the flow of the story. It wasn’t until they two started overlapping did I get sucked in. Then I loved it! 

One of my favorite characters is Gavin, who lives next door to Sloane. Willa and Sloane have known him all their lives. The three of them are best friends. Gavin is the author of a very popular graphic novel series that feature two twin superheroes. Of course, they are modeled after Willa and Sloane!  

Twin Piques is a cute and humorous read, with a little spice thrown in the mix! This is the second story I’ve read by Tracie Banister, and I enjoyed both! 

For Mature Audiences.

FTC Disclaimer: I received an e-copy of the book from the author for my honest review.

Buy: Amazon
Add to goodreads.

FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provided, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!

You can read my review for In Need of Therapy by Tracie Banister here.

Connect with Tracie Banister



Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...