Monday, September 15, 2014

Pride and Persistence by Jeanna Ellsworth ~ My Review


Pride and Persistence by Jeanna Ellsworth 

Publication Date: March 29th, 2014 
Publisher: Hey Lady Publications 
Pages: 319 
Received: Paperback from the author for my honest review. 
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars






 
Pride and Persistence is a Pride and Prejudice variation that begins the day after Darcy’s first proposal to Elizabeth in Hunsford. Variations are my favorite type of Jane Austen Fan Fiction, and this one has a fun spin to it! 

After giving Elizabeth the letter, Darcy starts to mount his horse when a loud crack of thunder sounds, startling his horse, causing the horse to bolt and jump over the fence, throwing Darcy to the ground. Not only does the fall leave Darcy unconscious but he also has a badly broken leg. Elizabeth and Mrs. Wilkinson (the parsonage cook) witness the accident and send for help. They move him to the parsonage where he will have to stay until he recovers. When Darcy regains consciousness he has no memory of his accident, nor of the day before — he has forgotten the proposal and their terrible argument after. So he proposes again, and again and again… Darcy is suffering from short-term memory loss and every day he has to be told what happened to him, and everyday Elizabeth politely turns him down. As the days go on, Elizabeth starts seeing a different side of Darcy. A kinder man, a loyal and devoted friend, a persistence man! This Darcy she likes. This Darcy she is falling in love with, but can she marry him if he never remembers proposing to her in the first place??

I loved Colonel Fitzwilliam in this story. He knows how much Darcy loves Elizabeth, and he is very good at manipulating the situation to Darcy’s advantage; to control Lady Catherine, and encourage Elizabeth.

I enjoyed the beginning of this story very much! What starts out similar to the “50 First Dates” movie, soon takes on a story of its own. I was worried that it would be too much like the movie and was happy that it wasn’t. But, I do have to say that after their major difficulties had been smoothed over, I found the last third of the story a little slow.

Pride and Persistence is a humorous romance! This is Jeanna Ellsworth’s second novel. Her first is Mr. Darcy’s Promise (my review).

FTC Disclaimer: I received a paperback of the book from the author for my honest review.

Buy: Amazon
Add: goodreads


FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provide, I will receive a small commission. Thanks! 



Connect with Jeanna Ellsworth



Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...