Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review: In Need of Therapy By Tracie Banister


In Need of Therapy is a fun, spicy read, with its colorful characters and lively Cuban family.

Pilar Alvarez is struggling to get her therapy practice off the ground. With a bunch of kooky patients and some just as interesting relatives, Pilar Alvarez has her hands full! Her mother is pressuring her to find a husband before she turns 30. Finding a husband is not the problem, finding love is. Pilar’s cheating ex-boyfriend is pursuing her hard, trying to win her back. There is Pilar’s hot new patient ....she couldn’t date her patient, could she? How about her sexy new neighbor Dr. Jonathan Fordham?  Hmm...the ring on his finger says otherwise. That’s not all she has to worry about, her wild younger sister, Izzy is getting into trouble, and her landlord is raising her rent on her office! What more could go wrong?

I got a kick out of Pilar’s family! Her over dramatic mother, Izzy’s wild ways, and Pilar’s out-of-control nephews! Izzy really liked to go against the grain, especially against her mother. She loved the attention! 

I have to say, at one point during the story, I started getting frustrated with Victor (Pilar’s ex), Izzy, and Pilar’s mother. I felt like Pilar was too soft on them. She was even too easy on her nephew when he set the couch on fire! I almost quit reading right there, but I’m so glad I didn’t! In the end, everything worked out beautifully! 

I loved her best friend, Sara. I also enjoyed listening in on her therapy session with her patients. There is an interesting twist or two that happens with her patients that I really enjoyed! 

I really liked In Need of Therapy! I loved the mix of people and personalities in the story.

4 out of 5 stars.

I was provided a copy of the book for my honest review.

Buy your copy here. (Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate should you purchase a copy of the book through the link I will receive a small commission.)

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...