Monday, August 29, 2022

The Little Women Devotional by Rachel Dodge ~ My Review

Hello, my friends! I love a good devotional, and when it's mixed with my favorite literature - well that makes it just plain fun! I've read three different Jane Austen devotionals, but today I'm reviewing a Little Women devotional! 




The Little Women Devotional
By Rachel Dodge

Publication Date: December 1st, 2021
Publisher: Barbour Books
Pages: 232
Received: I received a hardback from the publisher for my honest review.
Rating: 5 stars.

Devotional Inspiration from the Lives of Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy   

The Little Women Devotional offers lovely inspiration that explores the themes of faith, family, contentment, wisdom, and joy in the classic Louisa May Alcott novel, cherished by generations of readers. 

Each reading corresponds with a chapter from the book and invites you to embrace God’s guiding hand in your life as His cherished daughter. This beautiful chapter-by-chapter devotional includes original artwork throughout, and each reading includes examples from the novel, scripture, life application, and prayers perfect for groups, book clubs, or personal reflection.
 
My Review

The Little Women Devotional by Rachel Dodge is a beautiful book. Chapter by chapter, it pulls spiritual insights from Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. It combines them with scripture, personal application, and prayer. I loved the illustrations and found them whimsical and charming.

There is so much to glean from this devotional. From helping a neighbor or the less fortunate to Jo’s struggle with her anger. The need for encouragement and to fight the good fight.

I also thought it would be fun to read a chapter a day from Little Women simultaneously! I did not get a chance to do this because I was doing another study, and my time was limited. But I had a strong urge to do just that!

I have always loved reading devotionals that combine literature and scripture! If you are fond of Little Women, you will absolutely adore The Little Women Devotional

FTC Disclaimer: I received a copy of the story for my honest review.

Buy: Amazon (paid link)
Add to Goodreads

FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provided, I will receive a small commission. Thanks! 



Many thanks to Rachel Dodge and Barbour Books for my copy of The Little Women Devotional!

Do you read devotionals? Give it a try! I also think this would make a great gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...