Monday, July 22, 2013

Mr. Darcy's Noble Connections by Abigail Reynolds ~ My Review

Mr. Darcy’s Noble Connections by Abigail Reynolds 

Publication Date: June 4th, 2013 
Paperback: 242 pages 
Publisher: White Soup Press 
Received: purchased my own copy 
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars



 
I loved reading Mr. Darcy’s Noble Connections! With touches of a Shakespearian comedy, this Pride and Prejudice variation will have you laughing and swooning! 

Our story begins a few months after Mr. Darcy’s first proposal to Elizabeth in Hunsford...

When Lady Eleanor Carlisle, a childhood friend of Elizabeth's, needs help Elizabeth is right there to lend a hand. Lady Eleanor is in love with Geoffrey Paxton, unfortunately, her father does not think Paxton is a good suitor and has made arrangements for her to marry another. Eleanor, desperate to see him, enlists her friend Elizabeth to pretend she is the one interested in Paxton so they can all spend time together. 

At the same time, Paxton enlists his good friend, Darcy for the same purpose. With Darcy’s connections to Lord Bentham, Eleanor’s father, they are sure to be invited to Bentham Park.

Needless to say, Darcy and Elizabeth are surprised to be in each other's company again and would rather avoid one another. But when Darcy overhears Lord Charles wagering that he can seduce Elizabeth within a fortnight, Darcy will do his best to protect Elizabeth. 

This plays out so much like a "comedy-of-errors", from the switching of place cards to misunderstandings of whom is with whom. It had me laughing out loud a few times. There are also some very romantic moments between Elizabeth and Darcy! *sigh* ...and some moments of angst. But never fear, all will work out in the end! 

I enjoyed read Mr. Darcy’s Noble Connections!

Disclaimer: I purchased my own copy of the book.

Buy a copy at Amazon.

Connect with Abigail Reynolds:

twitter
facebook
website
Austen Authors

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

7 comments:

  1. This isn't the first time we've double posted, Candy, is it?!? :) Glad to hear you enjoyed MDNC so much! It was such a comedy of errors! Loved the romantic bits too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I don't think this is the first time we double posted either! Like you said, "Great minds and all.." :) I did enjoy reading it! And it was great fun doing the group read with you all! Thanks again for organizing that!

      Delete
  2. Sounds as of Abigail has another hit on her hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to go back and read all the Group Read posts. I'm glad you and Meredith posted this week just after I finished it, since I was bummed I missed it all. I felt like a kid who had to watch all the other kids open Christmas presents but I had to wait for mine.

    My head really was spinning at times when I read this one - when practically everyone was under the same roof and it was all chaotic. Thank goodness we know will get a HEA even if we get an ulcer first. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! It's hard to read on vacation! I'm going to try when we go, but I know I probably won't get anything read! haha!

      I ended up reading ahead. I got so rattled I had to keep going! It's so silly because we know there's a HEA!! LOL! You always put things so well - "Thank goodness we know will get a HEA even if we get an ulcer first." You are so correct!!

      Delete
  4. Love the review, Candy!

    I have a real fondness for Abigail's writing style and love anything she writes but I did particularly enjoy this story. I found the new locations refreshing and she is an expert at bringing in new characters that seem equally at home with the established ones (having said that, I also liked that we didn't have that many of the usual P&P characters in this story.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...