Monday, August 12, 2013

From This Day Forward ~ The Darcys of Pemberley By Joana Starnes

From This Day Forward by Joana Starnes 

Publication Date: May 3th, 2013 
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform 
Paperback: 374 pages 
Received: received an e-copy from author 
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

          

 



From This Day Forward ~ The Darcys of Pemberley is a sequel to Pride and Prejudice. The beginning seems to be about Elizabeth and Darcy, and the second half seems to be more about Georgiana. Which is fine, I just didn’t realize that when I began reading it. 

The story takes us through the first few years of Darcy and Elizabeth’s marriage. It is a time for Georgiana and Elizabeth to get to know each other. Elizabeth also gets to know a host of distant relatives that are not in the original story. We see Elizabeth learning her duties as mistress. Elizabeth has her presentation and her first season in town. 

Around the second half of the story, The next season is Georgiana’s coming out, with balls and suitors, it is a busy and overwhelming time for Georgiana.  This is where Georgiana begins to grow and mature. She learns Darcy is not as perfect as she thinks he is. She learns to trust her judgement about the gentlemen she meets. I loved listening to her thoughts as she reflects back and compares Wickham’s words to the words of other possible suitors. She sorts through her confusions and fears to become a beautiful, confident and happy woman!

Lady Catherine also comes to town for Georgiana’s coming out. She has still not forgiven Darcy for marrying Elizabeth, but she feels the need to have her say in Georgiana’s preparations - to make sure Mrs. Darcy is handling all aspects of it correctly.

I had a really hard time getting into this story. To be fair, it might have been that I was really busy, but the story never engaged me. I felt as if the story were being told to me.  I didn’t live it. 

From This Day Forward is a wonderful story if you want to spend more time with the Darcys. I really did love seeing Georgiana become a confident woman.

Disclaimer: I was given an e-copy of the book for my honest review.

Buy a copy at Amazon.

Connect with the Author:

website
facebook
goodreads


Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...