Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An Arranged Marriage By Jan Hahn


An Arranged Marriage
By Jan Hahn
I LOVED this story!  Written in the first person from Elizabeth’s point of view.  Mr. Bennet passes away just days after Elizabeth refused Darcy’s proposal at Hunsford. She is so consumed with grief she forgets about Darcy’s letter and there for her opinion of him doesn’t change much.  Six months later Darcy shows up at Longbourn and offers to marry Elizabeth again.  This time it is an arranged marriage. If she accepts, it would help out her family tremendously. Not a good way for a marriage to begin!  They go through many misunderstandings.    Colonel Fitzwilliam and Georgiana are very much in the story and Lady Catherine makes an appearance. We all know how it will turn out and getting there was very good!  This is definitely one I will reread in the future! 
Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. This is getting excellent reviews from everyone. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, great review! I want to read it even more now! It might just have to be my next book purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I hate making decisions, I will ask for your imput Candy. I am torn between reading An Arranged Marriage or Darcy's Passion next. Which would you prefer? I want to read both soon, so I guess it really doesn't matter too much, but I still don't know which one to choose first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jakki, I hate to say but I've never read Darcy's Passion. I've read Darcy's Temptation and that was really good! I've read it a few times! (Do you do this? I have my favorite part bookmarked so I can get a quick fix if I need too!) I should read DP, Regina is great writer! So...I guess I wasn't much help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was DT too angsty? The blurb made it sound like there might be some marital problems and I don't know if I would like that. Maybe you should write a review for me! ;)
    I do like to read certain books or parts more than once to get a fix! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jakki, It was a bit angsty, I don't like a lot either. I might have read quickly though those spots. It's been over a year since I last read it, I would have to reread again to give it a accurate review. Maybe I will! But in the mean time, I could flip though it and tell you what do remember.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...