Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On Any Given Sundae By Marilyn Brant





     I read this book in June and this is a revised review of the one I posted on goodreads.  
     I really like this book! Elizabeth was a shy, brainy-yack in high school & Rob was the popular jock. Almost ten years later they are thrown together when their uncles leave them for the summer to run "Tutti Frutti" ice cream shop. Rob is a successful restaurant owner in Chicago and has to return to his small hometown to help run the ice cream store.  Poor Elizabeth! Can you imagine having to work with someone you had a crush on in high school! I loved that Elizabeth would stutter when she was nervous. You could understand why she was quiet & shy. Her friends were such characters and I loved how they pitched in to help run the shop! Great read!

     I have Ms Brant’s new book “Double Dipping” on my TBR list and I am sure I won’t be disappointed!  

I

5 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say hello!

    Nice review!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, thank you so much!! I'm thrilled you read Sundae and liked it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll enjoy Double Dipping, too ;). Off to share your lovely review on Twitter and Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I snagged this for my Kindle a few months ago and haven't had a chance to read it. Thanks for the review, Candy--this bumps it up a few spots on the TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, Marilyn and Nancy thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate you sharing on twitter and fb, Marilyn! I'm so glad you liked my review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...