Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: The Karmic Connection by Libby Mercer


Hey Everyone! Libby Mercer's new book, The Karmic Connection will be released this Thursday, the 25th!  I was very fortunate to be able to read the book already! 

The Karmic Connection is a fun, quirky love story about two total opposites who are brought together by higher powers!

Adam Stowe is a workaholic. You wouldn’t think that would be a problem for his bosses, but they worry about him. The company has made great advancements because of him, and they would hate to lose him to burnout. So they send him (more like shanghai him) to a wellness clinic in the mountains. Adam is very angry to be at the clinic, but if he wants to keep his job he has to play along, so they will release him sooner.

Lorraine is a wellness guide, yoga, and Pilates instructor at the Luna Wellness Center. She loves her calm relaxed lifestyle at the Wellness Center, as opposed to the fast-paced life she used to live. She knows life is too short to spend it working all the time, not taking the time to enjoy it. But is she letting life pass her by in a different way?

When Adam and Lorraine meet there is an instant connection between them. Lorraine quickly recognizes Adam’s anger and knows she would never fit into his fast paced lifestyle. Adam is really turned off by Lorraine’s New Age beliefs. But they are both conscious of intense feelings that they feel for one another.  Feelings that neither Adam or Lorraine thought they would ever feel.

At first I thought Adam was a real jerk! He is so arrogant the way his judges Lorraine and all of the "friends" (clients) at the Wellness Center. But little by little, as his anger fades (and his caffeine headache finally goes away. Hehe!) we get to see the real Adam, and he starts seeing the others as more than fruitcakes. As Lorraine begins to fall in love with him, so do I. 

I really enjoyed The Karmic Connection! It’s a fun, quick read!

4 out of 5 stars.

I was provided an e-copy of the book for my honest opinion. 

Buy your copy at Amazon. (Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, should you purchase a copy of the book through the link I will receive a small commission.)


Connect with Libby Mercer:

Blog
twitter
facebook
goodreads
Amazon Author Page

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I want to read it. Love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I love opposites attracting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceri! It was good. I like opposites attracting too! I really didn't like Adam at the beginning of the story, and I like that my feelings changed about him as the story progressed.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...