Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Bookish Adventure in LA

So, two week ago today, I went to a book signing at The Last Bookstore in LA. What an incredible store! The upstairs has all these cubbyholes full of books. You need to check it out if you are ever in LA. 



We went there for the Fierce Reads Book Tour. I specifically went to see Emmy Laybourne, author the Monument 14 series. She has a new book out called Sweet. But I was in for a surprise! I also met three other fantastic authors! Courtney Alameda, Anna Banks and Jennifer Mathieu. It turns out I've reviewed one of Jennifer's books, The Truth About Alice

Courtney Alameda, Anna Banks, Emmy Laybourne and Jennifer Mathieu.
Sorry, Emmy, you are blurry! 

Their discussion was fascinating! I love hearing about how they got started, what inspired their books, and finding out a little about each of them! They had me laughing at their stories!



Needless to say, I bought each of their new books and had them sign them. Shutter by Courtney Alameda, Devoted: A Novel by Jennifer Mathieu, Joyride by Anna Banks, and Sweet by Emmy Laybourne. 

FTC Disclaimer: Links to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provide, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!



Besides Emmy's new book Sweet, I also bought paperbacks of her Monument 14 series because I only had them on my Kindle before. 

Before the book signing event, we (my son and I) had a delicious lunch at the Artisan House



To make the adventure complete, we took the train to LA and rode the subway. It was a fantastic day! 

Have you had any bookish adventures recently??

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love bookish adventures!! Sounds like a wonderful day from start to finish! I'm afraid I haven't been on any bookish adventures lately. I'm longing to go on one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Meredith! We did have a wonderful day! I picked up some books I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise! "Shutter" is a YA Horror/thriller! Lol! Who knows I might find a new genre to read! Although, I don't like horror films. ;)
      I hope you get to go on a bookish adventure soon, but your recent trip to NYC looked amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a delightful day! I've never been on this sort of bookish adventure so I enjoyed vicariously tagging along with you, Candy. Hope all your new books are fun reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we did have a delightful day, Sophia Rose! Awww! You should go on a bookish adventure sometime! :) Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...