Saturday, January 10, 2015

This Christmas by Katlyn Duncan ~ My Review


I read this before Christmas, but I got caught up in the holidays and didn't get this review written. The holidays are over, but I still wanted to get this posted! :) 



This Christmas by Katlyn Duncan 


Publication Date: November 18th, 2014 
Publisher: Carina UK 
Pages: 160 
Received: E-copy from the publisher. 
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars






 
I enjoyed reading This Christmas. This novella is the sequel to This Summer, and is full of Christmas themes! A cabin in the woods, snowball fights, picking out and decorating a Christmas tree…

With the holidays approaching, Hadley and Will are finally going to spent some much-needed time together. Hadley has a lot of insecurities about her relationship with Will, and she hopes spending Christmas Break together is just what they need to get back on track. But old insecurities, moodiness and misunderstandings put an edge on the festivities.  Hadley wants more than anything to make Will's Christmas a special one.

I think I would have enjoyed This Christmas more had I read This Summer first. I wasn’t totally lost, but I think I would have understood Will's moodiness more. Being a novella, it was a quick read and festive for the holidays! Now, I would like to get to know Hadley and Will more by reading This Summer!


FTC Disclaimer: I received an ARC e-copy of the story from the publisher via NetGalley for my honest review.

Buy: Amazon
Add to goodreads


FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provide, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!

Connect with Katlyn Duncan

twitterfacebookwebsite


Any thoughts? I'd love to hear! 

2 comments:

  1. I do that a lot. See a book that sounds good and discover that its not the first book in a series so its a gamble whether I'll be able to follow it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia Rose! With the amount of books you read, I'm sure you do! I think they should number books in a series, especially if the are a continuation. This one is numbered, and I knew it was a sequel. I do have This Summer, but didn't have time to read it before Christmas. But, really I didn't think it was that hard to follow....and it was festive! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...