Monday, January 30, 2012

Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star By Heather Lynn Rigaud


 WOW! What a fantastic book! There wasn’t a dull moment in this! Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star is a great modern adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. I totally love Darcy and Elizabeth, they are both so intense. The way they get into their music to sort out their feeling is really cool. 
When members, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Charles Bingley and Richard Fitzwilliam of the rock band Slurry, are in need of an opening act for their tour, they ask the all girl band, Elizabeth Bennet, Jane Bennet and Charlotte Lucas, of Long Borne Suffering, to join them and soon the sparks fly, hearts are broken, and misunderstandings happen! There are other issues in the story, one which touches on addictions.
Darcy is talented, smart and incredibly HOT! He also has control issues. Elizabeth is also smart, talented and very independent. The combination is explosive! 
Touring seems like it would be very exhausting! Rigaud does show that being a rock star can be grueling but playing their music is what they love.

I loved how they would sometimes talk to each other through their music, either because it was the only way they could express how they felt or there wasn’t time to talk but they could get a message across in a song.
Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star ROCKS! I just had to say that. :) In case you haven’t figured it out I loved this story and would definitely give it 5 out of stars!

I would also give it a mature rating for some sexual content.

This completes the modern category, #5,  from the Jane Austen Spinoffs 2012 Reading Challenge.


Available at Amazon.


Comments are always welcome!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely! This is one of my all time faves! Ever! So much fun and intensity. I want to know if D&L had kids and what that was like. Richard's gift to Charlotte was so sweet, wasn't it? Heather Lynn mentioned awhile back about possibly making Slurry Tshirts. I'd love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I would totally go for a T-shirt! I hope she has some made up! Yeah, Richard's gift was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather is going to be thrilled with your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mary! I hope she is! Maybe we can inspire her to get those T-shirts made up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This review makes me want to read and see how they communicate through music. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, isn't the cover great? This book is a fantastic read! I'm looking forward to reading yours, too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't expecting to like this book before I read it, but I got hooked! Love the story. I'm really hoping for a Slurry Tour tee shirt, too - seriously! Heather - when can we order? If it was set up on CafePress, they would be made as they were ordered, and you wouldn't have the cost of having a minimum number made up.
    For any of you who've loved Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star, I suggest Nina's new book Compulsively Mr. Darcy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, for some reason your comment was in spam! I rescued it. :)

    That would be fantastic if Heather set up some T-shirts for us to order!! I would love it!

    I plan on reading Compulsively Mr. Darcy, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm always happy to see five star reviews on the books I also think deserve five stars!!!! I love the intensity between this Darcy and Elizabeth and I would like to also second? third? or fourth? the request for Slurry t-shirts!

    Excellent review, Candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith,

      Wow! Thank you for the compliment! Coming from you it means a lot!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...