Monday, July 13, 2015

Alive by Scott Sigler ~ My Review

Alive by Scott Sigler 

Publication Date: July 14th, 2015 
Publisher: Del Rey 
Pages: 368 
Received: E-copy from the publisher via NetGalley 
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars







Book Blurb:

“I open my eyes to darkness. Total darkness. I hear my own breathing, but nothing else. I lift my head . . . it thumps against something solid and unmoving. There is a board right in front of my face. No, not a board . . . a lid.”

A teenage girl awakens to find herself trapped in a coffin. She has no idea who she is, where she is, or how she got there. Fighting her way free brings little relief—she discovers only a room lined with caskets and a handful of equally mystified survivors. Beyond their room lies a corridor filled with bones and dust, but no people . . . and no answers.

She knows only one thing about herself—her name, M. Savage, which was engraved on the foot of her coffin—yet she finds herself in charge. She is not the biggest among them, or the boldest, but for some reason the others trust her. Now, if they’re to have any chance, she must get them to trust one another.

Whatever the truth is, she is determined to find it and confront it. If she has to lead, she will make sure they survive. Maybe there’s a way out, a rational explanation, and a fighting chance against the dangers to come. Or maybe a reality they cannot comprehend lies just beyond the next turn.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

My Review:

I loved Alive by Scott Sigler! It is an exciting adventure that will keep you engaged, right to the end! 

A group of teenagers wake up with no memory, including who they are, where they are or how they got there. Their struggle to figure out what's going on and how to survive has a Maze Runner feel to it to me.  

I really enjoy survival stories like this. Em, the central character, is relatable. She is trying to do the best she can, but self-doubt, confusion, and anger get in the way sometimes. The other kids look up to her, which surprises her, but there are a couple of kids who would like to lead, which brings tension to the situation. 

I feel the book blurb is enough of a summary, and the author requests no spoilers so that new readers can get the same enjoyment from the twists and turns in the story as I did. So, I’m going to honor that. All I’m going to say is that I loved Alive. I felt like it ended well, meaning it didn’t leave me hanging. And I’m definitely going to read the next book, Alight, which is supposed to be out in early 2016.

A word of warning, there are some gruesome scenes and some cursing.

I would recommend Alive to any Sci-Fi/Dystopian fan! 

FTC Disclaimer: I received an ARC e-copy of the story from the publisher via NetGalley for my honest review.

It comes out tomorrow!! Woot!

Buy: Amazon • Barnes & Noble 
Add to Goodreads.

FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provide, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!

Any thoughts? Do you like stories like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...