Wednesday, July 23, 2014

W... W... W... Wednesdays ~ July 23, 2014

W... W... W... Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. To play along, just answer the following questions:


  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?




What am I currently reading? I am reading Jane Austen's First Love by Syrie James. I started this last week but before I got very far into it, I put it aside. Instead, I worked on my bloggiesta list, and decided to read a book for the course I'm taking online. 





What did I recently finish reading? I finished The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. This is the book I read for an English Country House Literature course I'm taking. It was amusing! I was surprised that it didn't feel like it had been written in the late 1800's! 




What do I think I'll read next?  My plan is to read Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Bet by Marilyn Brant. This is Bingley and Jane's story, and the sequel to Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Match (my review). I'm excited to read this! I love Marilyn Brant's books! 






FTC Disclaimer: Book links are to Amazon. I'm an Amazon Associate and should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provide, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!

What are you reading? I'd love to know!

8 comments:

  1. I´m reading Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Bet right now, started it yesterday. I loved the first one and so far the second one is just as great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrin! Oh! Good! I'm really looking forward to reading P, P & the Perfect Bet too! Happy Reading!

      Delete
  2. I am reading `Amish Peace` by Suzanne Woods Fisher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! I looked up Amish Peace, it looks very interesting! I hope you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. Hey Candy! I'm between books at the moment. I recently finished the Regency romance 'Sprig Muslin' by Georgette Heyer, which I really enjoyed. The next thing I plan to read is 'Jane Austen's First Love'. I also read some Oscar Wilde as a result of the online course, the short story 'The Canterville Ghost' which was really good. My favourite thing by him is probably 'The Importance of Being Earnest', it's so ridiculous and has some fabulous lines. I think Wilde is very quotable, loads of good one liners. You have a treat ahead of you with 'Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Bet', I enjoyed it so much. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceri! I've only read one book by Georgette Heyer.
      I think I would like to read "The Canterville Ghost" too, but after reading "The Importance of Being Earnest", I realize how slow of a reader I really am! It took me 2 days! Well, I didn't have that much to read on the second day. ;) And lately, I've been too tired to read at night. I read a couple pages and I'm out.
      I'm glad you enjoyed "P,P & the Perfect Bet". I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  4. Ceri and Candy, two thumbs up for reading Oscar. I am on hiatus until I finish Bingley so didn't read any books from the class. I have Marilyn's new book which will be my reward when I am done. Until then.....I'm typing. Just had to pop by to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy! It was fun reading Oscar! A first time for me. I understand about taking a hiatus! Thanks for stopping by, and keep up the good work! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...